Written by: Holly, A Pet’s Life®
Because pets are such a large part of our lives (and families!) it makes sense to grieve and mourn the loss of your beloved pet. It also makes sense to have a nice memorial celebrating the life of your lost companion.
Choosing a final resting place is important, and we thought it would be helpful to have some ideas on where to place your beloved pet’s urn.
1. Display on a bookshelf or mantle.
2. Display the urn, a photograph and perhaps other mementos together to honor your pet.
3. Display a Heart Keepsake on your desk or next to your bed.
4. Bury the urn. Contact a local crematory or cemetery for more information.
5. Keep the urn in a safe place, such as a closet or the attic. Perhaps you don’t feel ready to be reminded of your lost pet, but prefer knowing they are in a safe place. Display a photo of your pet instead.
6. Scatter the cremains and keep a photograph of your pet on display.
7. Paint a rock with your pet’s name and place in your flower garden.
8. Keep your beloved pet’s urn inside a memento box along with other treasures.
What other ideas do you have to create a memorial area in your home?
Be sure to check out our Personalized Pet Gifts & Memorials.